Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 1, Day 5 TT Challenge III

Was sore from my workout on Wednesday (and possibly my yoga session yesterday) but once I had warmed up I was fine. Still feeling a bit flat, particularly when I first got up. To sum up how I was feeling here is a copy of what I wrote to one of my best friends this morning:

"This morning I woke up and reality hit. I thought "What the hell am I doing - starting up a business during an economic downturn with a huge mortgage,  which, if I don't make this work means we will lose the house, the thing I love the most in the world (apart from Jason, my puddy's, friends and family!)... and coming up to Christmas which is a particularly quiet period for my industry... I can't even afford a website, marketing material or advertising! I am going to have to go out there and cold call to get my clients, which seemed fun a few weeks ago but now that the time is looming when I actually have to start doing it doesn't seem that much fun...." - negative nelly's were flying in from all direction. I slumped up the stairs to my computer carefully balancing my coffee and tomato on toast (the very last tomato until we go shopping next week - a few weeks ago I would have just gone down to the diary and brought a bag...!) and there I saw it... the little stone that you gave me with 'believe' on it. All the little negative nelly's exploded and disappeared."

Here is a pic of the stone...

.

I do my cardio in our upstairs room which has the most beautiful view. We are pretty much up amongst the birds and this morning I was able to watch as Tui after Tui flew past the window to land on the neighbours Kowhai tree. Below I have included a pic of the view I enjoy while exercising and a pic of a tui in a Kowhai tree. They are the most awesome birds! They fly like little torpedos.



1 comments:

DaxMoy said...

I own that exact same stone Lisa!

I bought mine in Port Douglas, Far Northern Queensland and I carry it in my pocket.

Great minds : )