Monday, May 5, 2008

MOTIVATION MONDAY: Dave Kekich (8-14)

I am on to week two of working my way through Kekich's 100 Credos.

The first week went well. I printed the first seven out and carried them with me each day. I worked to keep out of my comfort zone, was more aware of how I was spending my time and making commitments to others that I would struggle to keep. I think point for me is something I have done too much of in the past but perhaps not in the smartest way. I need to put some more thought into this one. Ha ha! I always try to show gratitude, but not so much monetarily - I don't have much of that to give right now. Point 6 (produce for wealth creation and accumulation) definitely needs work. A whole lot of work and I need a lot longer than a day to get it sorted. I think I am really lucky with respect to point 7. My friends, colleagues and other people I interact with on a regular basis are pretty positive, hardworking and definitely honest!

Kekich's Credos
©2000 Piranha Marketing & Dave Kekich: 8 to 15

8. Learn from the giants.



9. A little caution avoids great regrets. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Keep fully insured physically and materially and keep hedged emotionally. Insurance is not for sale when you need it.



10. Learn the other side's needs, offer as little information as possible, never underestimate your opposition, and never show weakness when negotiating.



11. Never enter into nor invest in a business without a solid, well-researched and well thought-out written plan. Execute the plan with passion and precision. Plan and manage your life the same way.



12. Success comes quickly to those whom develop great powers of intense sustained concentration. The first rule is to get involved by asking focused questions.



13. Protect your downside. The upside will take care of itself. Cut your losses short - and let your profits run. This takes tremendous discipline.



14.The primary purpose of business is to create and keep customers. Marketing and innovation produce results. All other business functions are costs. Prospecting and increasing the average value and frequency of sales are the bedrock of marketing and business.

0 comments: