Thursday, May 8, 2008

TT challenge: Delaying start date

My week started with a hiss and a roar... put my back out really badly (not sure how), have the flu/cold and extreme abdominal pains (not sure why) and have no idea where my brain has gone (not sure where). I suspected I was getting a cold on Sunday and almost delayed my start then but was trying to be positive - didn't work!

Anyway, I am going to need a couple of weeks of taking it easy to get my back right so will be delaying my start date.

On a positive note, my nutrition has been really good which is unusual for me when I am unwell, food is usually my comforter when in pain. I am going to try and do what I can which will include walking, gentle yoga and maybe light weights later next week. I hope to restart my challenge May 19th.

Illness and injury are a part of life and this is just another challenge that has been placed in my path (wish it wasn't quite now!) to deal with... and deal with it I will!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Lisa - hope you feel better soon. I have the same problem: sick == comfort food!

Dad Rewrite
Mark

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I just got through that same flu/cold. It's a complete downer and it's the first time I've been sick where it took my mind out of the game and made me feel depressed.

Keep looking forward and you'll be feeling great again soon enough.