Sunday, May 4, 2008

Week 1, Day 1: Starting Stats

Yay! The start of stage two of my transformation.

From past experience, I know it is going to take lots of hard work and commitment to reach my goal weight. Bring it on! The difference between last time and this time is that I KNOW I will do it. Barring external forces outside my control, I know I will complete this challenge and I know I will reach my goal weight.

As with the last challenge, my husband Jason will be unofficially doing the challenge with me. He lost 10cm around his waist in the last challenge and is starting to get the beautiful body back that he had when I first met him 13 years ago.

While officially today is day one, tomorrow is when I am actually going to start the challenge. I had to take my before photos on a weekend day so I could take them during the day. I wont be posting progress photos on my blog, just the before and after photos once I have completed the challenge.

Profile:

Weight 67.7kg (149.1lbs)
Shoulders 101.5cm
Chest 96.5cm
Waist 82cm
Hips 101.5cm
R/thigh 62cm
R/calf 36cm
R/bicep 30.5cm

Goal weight at the end of 12 weeks:

57kg (125.6lbs)

Program for first four weeks:

TT 2K3
TT Interval Advanced (alternate between spin bike and elliptical)
Yoga and power walking on off days
Rest day Sunday

Nutrition:

I have thought long and hard about how I should approach the nutrition side of things. This is my area of weakness. Setting rules for myself doesn't work - it just makes me want what I can't have even more. Tracking my food worked really well but is time consuming, not something I can realistically stick with in the long term and I found myself justifying cheat meals because I was under my calories.

I have decided to set myself guidelines which I will adjust where necessary until I get the right 'fit' for me. The following are my nutritional guidelines to start with:


  • Eat my version of clean 90% of the time (no more than 4 cheat meals a week)

  • Any cheat meals are to be planned at least 24 hours in advance (thanks Steve!)

  • Spend the time that I would have spent tracking my food (approximately 10 minutes) meditating or just sitting quietly and having some 'still' time each night after work.

  • Eat at least two servings of fruit and five servings of vegetables each day

  • Be aware of how much water I am drinking and ensure it is adequate

  • Eat my food slowly

  • Abstain from alcohol

  • Limit any snacks after my evening meal to fruit or nuts Monday to Thursday (I have started a habit of having toast/honey/butter and coffee, chocolate and coffee or something similar after my evening meal which I wish to discontinue).

  • Have at least two cups of green tea each day (I don't really enjoy green tea but think I will once I get more use to it).


Supplements:

Multivitamins, antioxidants, fish oil, protein drink post workout

I have come a long way since January 14th when I started the first challenge. My body feels so much stronger and firmer. I look forward to getting up in the morning and working out (most of the time!) and I don't dread getting ready for work in the morning as my clothes are starting to fit me again. Life is great once again!

0 comments: