Saturday, May 3, 2008

My 'Cave'

I love our house. Each room has something special about it. One of my favourite rooms is my 'Cave'. Technically it is not a room. It is really just a bit of space on the second level of our house that was too low to do anything with. I made my library in the cave. I get to my cave via a door in our walk in wardrobe. There is also a 'sub-cave' that you get to from the main cave but that is another story for another day.

I have a bean bag and a big red cushion in my cave and all my books, magazines and special things. Spiders love my cave and so do my two cats. My husband very rarely enters this space. I love my cave. It is so quiet. Sometimes when I go in there to find something (which takes awhile as my cave is messy) I just sit for awhile and listen... to nothing. I look around in awe at all the knowledge that is living in this tiny space. There are several hundred books, old tapes that I listened to... well when tapes were what you listened to music on, my art and design portfolios, paints and brushes, magazines, my old journals... it is a room full of 'me'.

I love my cave.



0 comments: