Saturday, May 3, 2008

NEW!!! Lisa's Book Club

I love learning. One of the best ways to learn is through reading. To me books are like undiscovered adventures just waiting to be explored. I love the smell of books. I love the idea that I am being allowed to enter into another persons mind. I love knowing that I am going to learn at least one new thing that I didn't know before. When I enter a book store I am in my own personal heaven. I quite honestly could spend hours in a book store.

My love of books and book stores has caused some delicate situations between myself and my husband. Whenever we go to a new town (well any town actually) I HAVE to go to every book store I can find. A few years ago I had to pick up a book from Borders, Auckland. Jas waited in the car while I 'popped' into the store to pick up my book. Wow! Over an hour later I was still wandering around this amazing store. It had several levels, nice big comfy chairs everywhere and every single category of books you could imagine.

What draws me to a particular book? It depends. I may have heard about it from a friend, it may be an Oprah Book Club book, I may just love the cover and want to know more.

I buy most of my books from Amazon. I find the reviews are really helpful, the books are usually less expensive than most book stores, they have access to pretty much any book that you could ever want and you can get many books second hand which saves even more money.

From time to time I come across a book that really touches me. A book that I wish all my friends, family and... well everyone had the privilege of reading. From now on, each time I come across a book like this, I am going to post a review and a link through to Amazon where you can find out more information about the books I read.

0 comments: