Friday, April 4, 2008

Some more about me!

By the time I left school, fitness had became entrenched into my daily lifestyle, along with a less healthy (but fun!) enjoyment of hanging out with friends, going to bars, parties, beaches - and well, any adventure that came my way. I skied, did triathlons, cycled, swam and went to the gym most days for quite a lot of my late teens and early 20's. I went through a few 'fat' moments where I hated myself, wore loose clothing and tried to diet and exercise to lose 'all that weight'. I was around 10kgs (22lbs) lighter than I am now!

When I was 25 I went on my big OE where I spent three years working in London in the winter and traveling around Europe in the summer. I tried to exercise while I was away. I even joined a gym once - and went once. There was a nearby park where I went for a few jogs. I was far too busy working, partying and exploring new and amazing places. In spite of all the food and alcohol I consumed, and lack of exercise, I managed to remain quite slim while I was away.

Things soon changed when I returned home. I continued to work hard - and party hard. I continued with the excess food and alcohol and every now and again I would see that I had put on a bit of weight. I would then exercise and diet frantically to lose it. The only problem is that each time I did this; I would lose some of what I had put on but not all of it, so my weight slowly but surely started to creep up. As I got older it also started to get harder and harder to lose the weight. Over the past few years a combination of life challenges, over indulging in food and alcohol, and not enough exercise left me around 16kgs (35lbs) overweight. I guess I just got tired of trying and 'gave up'. It was all too hard.

But all was not lost... sorry, you are going to have to wait until my next post to see how this story ends and my next begins as it is late and I am tired!

0 comments: