Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why I think TT is the best fat loss system I have ever used

The best way to lose fat is by doing resistance type exercises so that you build muscle, increase your metabolism and therefore burn more fat. Building muscle doesn't mean getting big and bulky - unless that is what you want to do! Cardio is another important aspect of burning fat. I have tried many different ways to burn fat, gain muscle and improve my fitness over the years.

All of the programs I have tried in the past have required a minimum of three day a week, 45 to 60 minute resistance training workouts and at least four day a week long, slow boring cardio sessions. That has meant I have had to commit to exercising six days a week. I can do that for a short period of time but after a month or so I would start skipping workouts. I would begin to feel as though I was 'failing' and eventually I would lose motivation and give up. During the entire 12 weeks of the Turbulence Training Challenge I only missed five workouts, three when I was really sick and two when I was injured! I was also unwell throughout most of the challenge and had to deal with a number of personal issues. In the past this would have been enough to make me give up on whatever workout program I was doing. Because I only had to exercise three times a week it was easy to push myself to do them.

There are a lot of other activities that I enjoy doing such as walking, jogging, yoga, gardening, swimming... and well too many to list here! In the past I have never had the time or the energy to do any of these things when involved in a workout program. Now I have a whole four other days to do these things if I want to!

Craig does all the work in putting the programs together and all I have to do is do them. This leaves me free to focus totally on the nutrition side of things, which is a big enough challenge as I LOVE food!

Because new workouts are being introduced all the time and each workout is for only four weeks, I never get bored with them.

Using a workout system that is online gives me the freedom and flexibility to do what I want when I want to. I don't have to commit myself to being anywhere at a certain time or 'talk' about what I am doing if I don't feel like it.

Tomorrow I am going to tell you why I found taking part in the Turbulence Training Transformation Challenge was so helpful in achieving the results I have in the past 12 weeks.

0 comments: